“Save drafts” is probably one of the functions of Instagram most requested by regular users and social media strategists. Sure, you’re one step away from the “instant” gratification it’s built on Instagram, but it is essential.
What are Save Drafts?
In a nutshell, this means So now you’re able to start working on an Insta post and then save it as a copy with your photo edits and text edits to be completed later. Before this feature was launched, this essential feature was not available. If you tried to leave your post, you had to go back and start over.
We will detail a little more about how you can access and use the “save draft” function.
- First, start your Instagram and take a photo or use one from your camera roll. Hit the Edit function and make some edits you’d normally do: set the contrast, play with the fade, straighten, or even crop, whatever you like.
- Once you’re happy with the photo edits, you can write your hashtags to the title. For some people, the caption or title is important to post on Instagram, so if you are one of those people, I suggest you write your text on a notepad first. Once you’re happy and have set the text formatting in those apps, you can copy and paste it into your post on Instagram.
- So, instead of going ahead and pressing “next,” press the back button to exit this article.
- A popup will appear asking you to keep the post and save it to Drafts or Trash.
- A warning will also appear stating: “If you come back now, your image edits will be discarded.”
- Again, for this article, press “hold,” and the post will go directly to your drafts. Now you can come back to it later. You can always throw it in the bin later, but for now, it’s saved for later.
Your drafts are saved to your smartphone and not on the servers of Instagram.
Remember that images that have had a few edits or posts that you’ve added some text to are the only ones available to be saved to drafts. Those that have not been edited will not have the option to be saved.
I am dedicated to providing you with the best of blogging, with a focus on dependability and how to write a blog, case study, blogging tips, digital marketing, SEO, and WordPress tutorial.