Video has become one of the main features of Twitter as both casual users and major brands regularly upload videos. Do you want to know how to download videos from Twitter?
Viewing and sharing videos on Twitter is pretty straightforward, but it is impossible to save them from the platform to your PC, smartphone or tablet, forcing users to come up with alternative methods of downloading their favorite videos from Twitter.
Here’s how to download Twitter videos to your computer with ease
Downloading Twitter Videos to a Computer It’s by far the easiest method and doesn’t require any additional software to be installed.
- Open a web browser of your choice and go to Twitter.com. You do not need to register.
- Find the tweet with the video that you want to save.
- Right click on the date of the tweet; this is the permanent link.
- A menu will appear. Select Copy link address. The web address of the tweet is saved on your computer’s clipboard.
- Go to DownloadTwitterVideo.com.
- In the website field, paste the web address of the tweet by right-clicking and selecting Paste or pressing Ctrl + V.
- Hit enter.
You will see two buttons with options to download the video. Choose MP4 for a lower resolution version of the video; MP4 HD for a high resolution version.
Right click and choose Save Link As to save the video to your computer.
These instructions can be used in the Chrome browser, which works similarly on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Other browsers may have different tags for the same action. Here’s how to download videos from Twitter.
How to Download Twitter Videos on Android
Unlike the previous method, saving videos on an Android device requires an additional app, but it can still be done quickly.
To download videos from Twitter, download the free + download app on your Android device. This application is required to save Twitter videos on your device for playback without an internet connection.
Open the official Twitter application on your Android device and find the tweet that contains the video you want to share.
Once you find it, tap the share icon, then tap the share link.
The application + Download will appear in the list of applications that will allow you to share the video. Play it Your Twitter video will be automatically imported into the + Download app and downloaded to your Android device.
How to Download Twitter Videos on iPhone and iPad
IPhone and iPad users have to do a little more work than Android users to save Twitter video, and it can also get more complicated and time-consuming.
- Download the free MyMedia app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the official Twitter application and find the tweet that contains the video you want to save.
- Tap the tweet to have the text and video fill the entire screen. Be careful not to touch any links or hashtags in the tweet.
- Below the tweet, next to the heart symbol, there is another symbol that looks like an arrow coming out of a box. Play it
- Click Copy Link. The URL of the tweet is saved on your device’s clipboard.
- Close the Twitter application and open the MyMedia application.
- In the bottom menu, tap Browser.
- In the field at the top of the application, type www.TWDown.net and tap Go. This basically loads a website within the MyMedia application.
- Scroll down the webpage until you see a field that says Enter Video. Touch this field to make the cursor appear, then touch and hold your finger briefly to open the Paste option.
- Tap Paste to paste the tweet’s web address into the field.
- Press the Download button next to the field.
The website will now reload and offer you various download links for your video in various sizes and resolutions. Click the one you want to download.
As soon as you tap on a download link, a menu will appear. Tap Download File and enter a name for the saved video.
- In the bottom menu, tap Media. You should see the saved video on this screen.
- Click the video file name.
A new menu will appear with a list of options. Click Save to save a copy of your Twitter video to the folder on the iOS device. Now you can open it in other applications as if you did it yourself.